What services do you provide if I have special requirements?
We aim to ensure that you receive quality service and we’ll do everything we can to meet your needs. The best way to tell us about your requirements is to add your details to our Priority Services Register. You’ll qualify for Priority Services Register support if you:
- are of pensionable age
- have a disability
- have a long-term health issue
- or in a vulnerable situation.
These are some of the free services that we will provide to our Priority Services Register customers:
- Agree a password that can be used for you to identify any person working for us or for your gas or electricity network company
- Send your bill or statement to any person you nominate, if that person agrees to receive it for you
- If no-one at your home is able to read the meter, we can take a quarterly reading for you
- If your meter is difficult to access and you can’t read or insert your payment card/key, we may be able to arrange for the meter to be relocated.
If you’re visually or hearing impaired we also provide support to help you manage your account. You can choose to receive your electricity and/or gas bills and statements in large print or in Braille, for free.
Just call us on 0800 145 6699 to arrange these services. For customers who are deaf or have hearing difficulties, Great North Energy is able to offer free advice and support for those who have the correct equipment installed.
If you would like to join our Priority Services Register, or find out more about other support you could access, then please call our customer services team on 0800 145 6699 or get in touch.