What rights do I have if I decide to cancel?
Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 (ICAC).
- As a Great North Energy customer, you will be given clear and easy to understand information by us (pre-contract information and contract confirmation). This should be supplied before you agree to buy anything from us.
- If you decide you want to cancel your energy contract with Great North Energy, please call our customer service team, for free, on 0800 145 6699.
- Great North Energy will also give you a copy of our terms and conditions relating to your energy contract.
- You can cancel your contract within 14 days (cooling-off period) without giving a reason via phone or Durable Medium e.g. letter, email, text, personal account.
- As a customer of Great North Energy, you will receive your contractual information via paper, unless you have agreed to receive this via another durable medium (such as email or online account).
- It is important that you keep a copy of your cancellation communication as evidence in case there is a dispute over your cancellation. It is your responsibility to prove that you communicated your cancellation with us within the 14-day cooling off period.