I’m moving home – What happens to my Pay-As-You-Go meter?

If you’re moving to a house that already has a gas or electricity Pay As You Go meter you will need to give us some information to make sure we can set up your account correctly. You will need to contact us to get your own Pay-As-You-Go card or key. Do not use a previous occupant’s Pay-As-You-Go card or key as this can mean that any money you pay may be credited to the previous occupant’s account.

When you move house, the information we will ask you for is listed below:

  • A meter reading from the house you’re leaving:
  • How much debt or credit is on your meter
  • The Meter Serial Number – It’s on the front of your meter next to the barcode, and looks something like: X00L12345
  • Your new address and the date you’re moving

The meter readings from the property you’re moving into.

Finding your new meter readings:

To get the readings we need from the Pay-As-You-Go meter in your new home, use the display button on the meter. Press the button and write down what’s displayed on the screen and then contact our Customer Service team on 0800 145 6699 and we’ll set up a new account for you. Once this is completed, we can send a new key or card to you by post or we’ll give you a unique reference number (URN) that you can use to pick up your new key/card from a local outlet. This may not be the usual outlet you use to top up your Pay As You Go key or card.